• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Logistic Vehicle Modernization Project - Replacing everything from LUVW to SHLVW

I’ve driven German GWagons it’s still a piece of shit. Your suffering rectal cranial inversion if you think the Hummer is a crap Mil vehicle.

I think you're so America-brained you simply can't accept there are better options than stuff from the US of A. Not one American I've worked with liked the Humvee. Poor ergonomics, shitty offroad, poor kit storage, poor reliability. The civvie Hummer was shitty off the line, they put an inline 5 in what is basically a super duty. No shit it was gutless. At least the real old ones had some beefy V8s but they had terrible safety ratings and their fuel economy was something like 4km to the litre.

I have zero experience with civilian versions. I have a fair bit of experience with Canadian and US Mil and some foreign mil vehicles though. I’m also old enough to remember the jeeps and the Iltis when it was new to the CAF.

Pre GWOT the Hummers were fantastic, the GMVW versions where in GWOT too (albeit the patrol bumper was aluminum so you couldn’t ram with it) The Hummer got clobbered when it was armored then unarmored, as it was designed for a 2.5t load but not 2.5t armor and people and combat load.

Back