• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Operational Clothing and Equipment Modernization

It’s the “I have enough time in to get the old stuff” line of thinking, which kind of falls apart if new folks are also getting issued the old stuff. The current CADPAT fits better and you don’t look like a tied sausage, whether you were thin or not.

Now, I wonder how many RCN folks purposely keep their old NCDs rather than switch to the NECUs.
I honestly regret switching. I liked the look and feel of the old NCD's better. And frankly, the lack of pockets made me feel less stupid about the amount of time it took to check myself over if something went missing.

I honestly regret switching. I liked the look and feel of the old NCD's better. And frankly, the lack of pockets made me feel less stupid about the amount of time it took to check myself over if something went missing.
I bet clothing stores still has old stock if you ask nicely... I go the old jacket in Esquimalt back in March, before switching to NCEU two days later.

I call it “the local pub” but whatever works I guess.

Season 5 Yes GIF by Paramount+

I bet clothing stores still has old stock if you ask nicely... I go the old jacket in Esquimalt back in March, before switching to NCEU two days later.
silly question. Is the old jacket not still THE jacket? I thought the new thing with all the pockets was a shirt? I kept both of mine because i thought they were going to carry over.

silly question. Is the old jacket not still THE jacket? I thought the new thing with all the pockets was a shirt? I kept both of mine because i thought they were going to carry over.
The new shirt is two layers, so there is no jacket. The old system of a t-shirt, shirt, and double layer jacket was overkill... We were trying to make our daily uniform bunker gear.

Back