• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Results taking forever

You would need to have the doc write a formal letter (likely at further cost unfortunately) to reiterate that it was for a brief illness and has never in fact had any issues with asthma like symptoms before or since, as well as have your son (not you) send in an appeal letter with it. Problem is sometimes the blinders go on, they assume it is asthma triggered by viral symptoms (a real issue). They may double down and ask for respiratory medicine referral for an irritant challenge to prove without a doubt they do not have asthma. Went through this with my eldest...it got to the point that, with 3 negative irritant challenges, they were still saying no, that I suggested he politely word a letter saying what I was going to bluntly suggest that (a) the general duty medical officer actually read and acknowledge the respiratory medicine opinions and if they chose not to, (b) they would be getting a WTF letter from the Minister +/- the Surgeon General (friend of a friend) and the Chief of the Defence Staff (ex-boss). It should not get that far with your boy if all is actually as you state...they sometimes need more information and prodding.
Thank you medicineman! My son quite felt down when he got the email and that a letter is forthcoming. In this day and age, does it take months and multiple letters before getting accepted?

Yes - took my kid almost 7 years to get through that nonsense
7 years?! oh wow! They say the Canadian Forces is in need of people so they relaxed their policies a bit (haircut, dress, etc.) to entice people to apply yet here they are making it hard for the kids who actually want to join. Wow!

7 years?! oh wow! They say the Canadian Forces is in need of people so they relaxed their policies a bit (haircut, dress, etc.) to entice people to apply yet here they are making it hard for the kids who actually want to join. Wow!
Well, the job is hard so it should be a little difficult to get in, and if you are in the middle of Ungabungalooktutuk, you had better be reasonably healthy, since looking after someone and getting them out of adverse areas is sometimes a risk to more than just the sick person, especially in isolated areas and worse, isolated areas that are active combat zones. Unfortunately there is method to the madness, but some folks take the path of least resistance when interpreting the directives, especially if there are many files to sift through.

Back