• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

High Ranking Police Folk Allegedly Behaving Badly

One of those cases where the cop is totally in the wrong and deserves to be fired. When you find out the kid he hit murdered a 42 year old woman and her 6 year old son some might think the cop should have hit him harder to make it worth it.
And if the guy in custody did that, he deserves - and will get - far worse than that officer gave. But meting out punishment isn’t our role, and stuff like this brings the profession as a whole into disrepute and makes it incrementally harder for everyone else. You don’t get to abuse those in custody just because they did terrible things,; full stop. Dude was cuffed, defenceless, and under control.

And yes, I’ve had someone in custody who had beaten a teenage girl to death.

One of those cases where the cop is totally in the wrong and deserves to be fired. When you find out the kid he hit murdered a 42 year old woman and her 6 year old son some might think the cop should have hit him harder to make it worth it.
Nope.....you had your chance, once the cuffs are on, its hands off.

Dude was cuffed, defenceless, and under control.

And if the guy in custody did that, he deserves - and will get - far worse than that officer gave.

Maybe cheaper for taxpayers to let his fellow cons take care of him, than pay a ( possible ) lawsuit against the city.

And if the guy in custody did that, he deserves - and will get - far worse than that officer gave. But meting out punishment isn’t our role, and stuff like this brings the profession as a whole into disrepute and makes it incrementally harder for everyone else. You don’t get to abuse those in custody just because they did terrible things,; full stop. Dude was cuffed, defenceless, and under control.

And yes, I’ve had someone in custody who had beaten a teenage girl to death.
Completely agree mon amie. It's a doing the right thing and being professional vs emotional response. I can't deny enjoying seeing truly bad people suffer, but I also recognize that's wrong when it's unsanctioned. Cops and jail guards are in a very difficult position - it's easy to see how exposure to this element of society wears away at them. Defence lawyers too.

BTW did y'all notice Willie Pickton is on life support after a dirty lickin in the pen?

Never Mind Oh Dear GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

Did anyone else read the statement of claim from Gen Whelan's lawsuit? If true, the corruption at all levels of DND is insane. I've attached the file.

Edit: I think I attached the file, cant see if it did though, can anyone see it?

Did anyone else read the statement of claim from Gen Whelan's lawsuit? If true, the corruption at all levels of DND is insane. I've attached the file.

Edit: I think I attached the file, cant see if it did though, can anyone see it?
Can't see it :(

I don’t see it.

Edit: Removing share link since it doxxes me. Frustrating how everything is associated to your email these days.

Is this it?

Former head of military HR sues Armed Forces, government after misconduct case​

Former top general suing military, government​

The lawsuit names defendants including defence chief Gen. Wayne Eyre and vice-chief Lt.-Gen. Frances Allen; Jody Thomas, the former deputy minister of defence; Lt.-Gen. Jennie Carignan, the military's chief of professional conduct and culture; the Canadian Forces Provost Marshal; the director of military prosecutions and the investigative arm of the military police.

It accuses the defendants of conspiring to minimize the political fallout.

Whelan's claim also names his accuser, saying she misrepresented facts and defamed him. And it says the Prime Minister's Office and Privy Council Office were acting in response to public and political pressure.

"Individuals with inappropriate motives influenced the military justice system, military police processes and career administration processes. The resulting chaos reflects a military that is still unwilling to free itself from improper political influence," the claim says.

It seeks $10 million for loss of income and loss of enjoyment of life, as well as damage to Whelan's mental health and reputation.

Is this it?

Former head of military HR sues Armed Forces, government after misconduct case​

Former top general suing military, government​

The lawsuit names defendants including defence chief Gen. Wayne Eyre and vice-chief Lt.-Gen. Frances Allen; Jody Thomas, the former deputy minister of defence; Lt.-Gen. Jennie Carignan, the military's chief of professional conduct and culture; the Canadian Forces Provost Marshal; the director of military prosecutions and the investigative arm of the military police.

It accuses the defendants of conspiring to minimize the political fallout.

Whelan's claim also names his accuser, saying she misrepresented facts and defamed him. And it says the Prime Minister's Office and Privy Council Office were acting in response to public and political pressure.

"Individuals with inappropriate motives influenced the military justice system, military police processes and career administration processes. The resulting chaos reflects a military that is still unwilling to free itself from improper political influence," the claim says.

It seeks $10 million for loss of income and loss of enjoyment of life, as well as damage to Whelan's mental health and reputation.

I have a thirty to forty page doc with every complaint the Gen makes against the gov and CAF. It's what is referenced by the articles. The same journalist that dapaterson posted in the other thread posted the whole doc in his discord and I'm trying to share it.

Back