• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

To paraphrase Troy McClure: Be happy, stupid!

Dude - everyone is tied to their phones. Take a look around any public area and people aged 10-100 will be on their phones. This is not just a “younger generation” thing.

And the younger generation definitely interact outside of their devices. Sports leagues, pub nights, whatever. Maybe not where you are, but that’s more of a location thing.

Yeah they do, because those are things. If you have a job, are totally rich, and live in a big house (or whatever you think is “perfect”) but work so much that you don’t see anyone, or your family/marriage life is utter crap, then damn right you’ll have depression and loneliness.

Your “solution” is….wow. I’m not even sure how to respond to that.
There was a 60's 70's group called The Association who had a tune that identified the greatest problem our kids, and a lot of their parents have as well titled Time for Living. Ray Stevens touched on the same issue with Mr. Businessman. A third tune on the same theme is Cats in the Cradle. All 3 point to our greatest failing: we are so busy being busy, doing things and trying to obtain that we no longer enjoy just being. Things were pretty much OK until 2020 when all of a sudden everyone was locked up with no place to go and nothing personally satisfying to do whilst sitting at home. Parents are afraid to let their kids play outside for fear they will be abducted. With both parents working, there is no one inside the door when they get off the bus to ask how their day went. At funeral services for friends I have yet to hear any of their kids speak about the great house they lived in or the fancy trips they took. It is more likely to be one on one fishing. Speaking of buses, most kids at least in southern Ontario seem to have to ride one to school because to boards have consolidated the p.s. and the neighbourhood school no longer exists for many. So I guess what I am saying is take the time to play with your kids, read to your grandkids and maybe build a model F18 with them or build a dollhouse for your daughter/granddaughter. Spend the time with them and you won't have to worry about the depression or loneliness.

Back