• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Using Reg F (Military) SWE to pay PRes C-127?

GINge!

Reaction score
Situation:
  • RegF unit has shortfall of RegF pers.
  • D Mil C has no plans to post RegF into vacant position
  • PRes mbr available to backfill vacant position
  • L2 PRes HQ does not have sufficient C127 funds to pay 1-yr Cl B
  • PRes unit overspent last FY and is already reporting significant pressures this FY
Is there precedent where the RegF, which is funded for $xx SWE but only spends $yy SWE, that I can make a case to reallocate that Mil SWE (L101) to C-127 PRes wages?

I know it was done for Class C positions at CFPSU, but there was justification for Cl C that cannot be applied here, hence Cl B.

Director Budget within ADM Fin manages at the macro level those allocations.

The majority of the CAF level ones have surplus C127, so a funds transfer from C103 (Reg F pay) should not be necessary. The Reg F unit can request C127 through their HQ, and likely will receive it.

If you have SWE that's being turned back, let me know as I have a couple positions I need to grow.

There is a system in place to request a reserve force backfill of a reg f position the career manager has confirmed will not be filled. The unit has to submit the request which makes it way up to D Mil C for approval. We currently have one at our location and when I left a prior unit with no one posted in we requested it for them.

There is a system in place to request a reserve force backfill of a reg f position the career manager has confirmed will not be filled. The unit has to submit the request which makes it way up to D Mil C for approval. We currently have one at our location and when I left a prior unit with no one posted in we requested it for them.
Do you know where the funds came from? I recently did this and VCDS O&E approved the 1 year class B, but the funds came out of my own C127 & will be reported as a pressure end-FY.

Not at unit level, no.
I'm a L2 HQ working on behalf of a unit. I'm sure it has to go to L1 for funds transfer. I'm not au fait with the FAM so working in the grey here.

So recommended COA is to ask my L1 for additional C127? The issue is that not only did we get our full allocation of C127, we received an additional 75% of that amount for non-business planned pressures. But its just 6 weeks into the FY and only 1/5th of that amount remains unallocated.

:) No, I'm not a drunken sailor.

If you have SWE that's being turned back, let me know as I have a couple positions I need to grow.
I'm probably wrong, but doesn't the CAF refund some 13,000 salaries each FY for the amount of RegF positions we are short? Or does TB get their sticky mitts on it before it arrives in DND coffers?

I'm probably wrong, but doesn't the CAF refund some 13,000 salaries each FY for the amount of RegF positions we are short? Or does TB get their sticky mitts on it before it arrives in DND coffers?
The CAF reallocates that money already.

Is “SWE” the correct term for anything other than civilian pay?

Back