• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

With the move towards self-employment and the gig economy, with people receiving income from multiple short term employers a lot more people are eligible to incorporate themselves as a business venture.

It helps to offset the advantages held by those with job security, high wages and generous pensions.

With the move towards self-employment and the gig economy, with people receiving income from multiple short term employers a lot more people are eligible to incorporate themselves as a business venture.

It helps to offset the advantages held by those with job security, high wages and generous pensions.
A lot of those gig jobs pay absolutely awfully and the costs and fees likely wouldn't be worth it. It's interesting watching labour law develop around things like Uber that try to portray their drivers as independent contractors.

I once had a subordinate boast of their Uber earnings. Someone walked them through the difference between gross and net. Gas, insurance, wear and tear on the car... Their big payday turned out to be less than minimum wage.
Top line sounds awesome until negative bottom line comes knocking on the door…

I once had a subordinate boast of their Uber earnings. Someone walked them through the difference between gross and net. Gas, insurance, wear and tear on the car... Their big payday turned out to be less than minimum wage.

Which brings up the other costs - accountants to keep the tax man at bay.

Here’s an AWR for you, and an AWR for you, one for you…AWRs for everybody!
View attachment 84788
Scrooge Mcduck Trump GIF

Legend has it a guy in Calgary panhandling from a wheelchair would beg all day, wheel out of sight, stand up and drive away. He was interviewed on tv one day and telling the world he made a shit ton of cash.
Revenue Canada was waiting for him the next day….

Back