• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [ 2019-present]

Been almost 6 months since I updated this for my Pilot / IntO application, thought I'd share here.
Got set back a few months with my medical stuff.

Recruiting Centre: Vancouver (New Westminster)
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: Intelligence Officer
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application: August 15 2023
First Contact: August 28 2023
CFAT: September 21 2023 (Successful)
Medical & Interview: October 24 2023
Aircrew Selections: Dec 11/12 2023 (Successful)
Aircrew Medical: Pending
Medical Confirmed: March 19, 2024
Final Processing: March 20, 2024
Competition List: Pending
Selected: Pending
Offered: Pending
Enrollment: Pending
BMOQ: Pending

Honestly will be surprised if I make the competition list for this year, as I still need to go to Toronto for Aircew Medical.
The cortisol levels definitely rising as we get down to the wire here haha.

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Vancouver
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade 1: NEP / Material Management Technician
Application: December 18 2023
CFAT: Completed years ago (maybe in 2010?)
TSD: January 16, 2024
Interview #1: February 26, 2024
Medical: April 8, 2024
Interview #2: April 16, 2024 (had to redo some of my interview because I switched from NEP to MMT)
Medical Documents Submitted: April 19, 2024
Medical Approval: April 23, 2024
Background Checks: April 23, 2024
Competition List: TBD
Selected: TBD
Offered: TBD
Enrollment: TBD
BMQ: TBD

Last edited by a moderator:
Recruiting Centre: London
Regular/Reserve: Reg
Trade 1: Logistics
Trade 2: Nursing
Application: Oct 18, 2023
CFAT: November 15, 2023
Interview: Feb 13, 2024
Medical: Feb 27, 2024
Final Processing: April 23, 2024 (as of this morning)
Competition List:
Selected:
Offered:
Enrollment:
BMQ:

Recruitment said they're loading for July/Aug.

Another bump. This time to comp list.
Final Processing: April 23, 2024
Competition List: April 25, 2024 (as of this morning)
Selected:
Offered:
Enrollment:
BMQ:

We gettin there.

Best of luck for the waiting game!

In my recruitment center I have done with my medical and interview now its goes for security clearance. Whatever I understood from last few months it varies depends on recruitment center. Validity of medical and interview is 1 year.So, if we didn't get back in this time frame interview and medical will be done again!
Goodluck to you. Ah now that you told me it's only valid for 1 year, I am glad they didn't do it yet.
Best of luck to you both! Mine was submitted in February supposedly but I still haven’t gotten any news regarding it, from what I understand and have gathered the security clearance is the only thing remaining and I was told 1-3 months on the Day of interview/Medical and then it changed to 1-24 months when I checked in March. Hope is the best one can have so just hoping for the best. I’ve sent a couple of emails but I haven’t received anything back yet so I’m gonna send another one soon just to get an update.

Best of luck to you both! Mine was submitted in February supposedly but I still haven’t gotten any news regarding it, from what I understand and have gathered the security clearance is the only thing remaining and I was told 1-3 months on the Day of interview/Medical and then it changed to 1-24 months when I checked in March. Hope is the best one can have so just hoping for the best. I’ve sent a couple of emails but I haven’t received anything back yet so I’m gonna send another one soon just to get an update.
Hmmm.

I am hoping to get any good news not before 2025, May-June, if security clearance take 12 months. May be in this thread those we are stuck on clearance phase will get good news all together 😃

But feeling really down/sad, when see others are moving forward who don't have foreign implications.

I wish any magic could happen to speed-up our clearance process. Yet now didn’t get any update about collaboration between departments to share information 😔

Hmmm.

I am hoping to get any good news not before 2025, May-June, if security clearance take 12 months. May be in this thread those we are stuck on clearance phase will get good news all together 😃

But feeling really down/sad, when see others are moving forward who don't have foreign implications.

I wish any magic could happen to speed-up our clearance process. Yet now didn’t get any update about collaboration between departments to share information 😔
Same here honestly! I have a feeling I’ll be hearing back earliest next year regarding this. Well I hope so, may all our security clearances come back faster and we get in quicker! Like on Reddit someone answered my question regarding me have dual citizenship and I am willing to drop one! And they said it doesn’t trigger the additional background check on its own, it has to do with foreign implications and my dad lives abroad but we don’t speak and haven’t seen each other for 6 years as well as my mother having sole custody of me but I guess that won’t help at all :/

Yeah, totally agree!

Yeah I hope they get to collaborate with the other departments and supposedly they should have started working with IRCC back in February from what I remember but no clue if that was true or not

Hmmm.

If it helps, I tried appealing to work as a nurse throughout 2018- decision to enroll. I would have happily stayed a nurse from 2011 to retirement. Sometimes ya gotta go where they need/appreciate ya.
The wait will be worth it.

Same here honestly! I have a feeling I’ll be hearing back earliest next year regarding this. Well I hope so, may all our security clearances come back faster and we get in quicker! Like on Reddit someone answered my question regarding me have dual citizenship and I am willing to drop one! And they said it doesn’t trigger the additional background check on its own, it has to do with foreign implications and my dad lives abroad but we don’t speak and haven’t seen each other for 6 years as well as my mother having sole custody of me but I guess that won’t help at all :/

Yeah, totally agree!

Yeah I hope they get to collaborate with the other departments and supposedly they should have started working with IRCC back in February from what I remember but no clue if that was true or not
I saw your that post on the reddit and completely agree with someone!

I think it wont be a good idea at all. Better wait. Trust the process! And in the mean time see people's timeline who are joining.😃

I saw your that post on the reddit and completely agree with someone!

I think it wont be a good idea at all. Better wait. Trust the process! And in the mean time see people's timeline who are joining.😃
Yep! Trusting the process, today marks the 8th month of my application so quite happy with how much of a interesting journey it has been

Selected:
Offered:
Enrollment:
BMQ:

We gettin there.
Your background check only took 2 days?

Recruiting Center: Montreal
Entry Plan: ROTP
Trade choice 1: ACSO
Trade choice 2: Pilot (accepted offer)

Application date: 11 November 2022
CFAT: 6 December 2022
Interview/medical: 24 January 2023
CLOSED FILE
Application to RMC: 24 November 2023
Sent medical files: 22 December 2023
ROM approval: 26 January 2024
CFAST: 31 January and 1 February 2024
CFEME medical: 8 February 2024
Updated Interview: 15 February 2024
Reliability check done: 19 March 2024
Competition list: 2 April 2024
Selected: 11 April 2024
Offer accepted: 25 April 2024
Enrollment: 18 June 2024
BMOQ: 15 July 2024

Selected:
Offered:
Enrollment:
BMQ:

We gettin there.

Selected as of this morning on the portal.

Out of final processing finally, competition list is done, and I was selected, for what? I don't know yet.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Detachment Oshawa
Regular Force/Primary Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice #1: Air Weapons Systems Tech
Trade Choice #2: Weapons Tech Land
Trade Choice #3: Materials Tech
Applied: October 16th, 2023
First Contact: October 25th, 2023
CFAT: November, 16th, 2023 (Qualified 1st go)
Interview: December 19th, 2023 (Recommended for enrolment- pending tattoo coverup, CAF doesn't like pin-up girls, who knew, covered up January 4th and had approved the same day)
Medical: February 23rd, 2024 (Passed and recommended for enrolment)
Final Processing: February 24th, 2024 - Present(March 29th, 2024)
Security Check: March 22nd
Competition List: April 23rd
Selected: May 3rd (I am assuming this date because I got busy and didn't check my status for a couple weeks)

Contract Offered/Accepted: Pending
Swearing In: Pending
BMQ: Pending

Back