• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Imagine a new element of the CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pte. Jay

Inactive
Reaction score
*WARNING* The reading of this topic may require you to use your imagination a little bit. If you are the "grizzled NCO" type, please just leave logic behind for a second and enjoy this topic.

I hope I don't face too much of a reprimand for this, but I just want to try something new. Come on guys, it'll be fun! :D Imagine that the DND, the office of the CoDS and other executive branch type individuals decided on the creation of a new element of the Canadian Armed Forces, one whose details will be included in a sec. For history's sake, let's call it the Canadian Corps. This element is not part of the combined CF, although it interoperates with it in every aspect imaginable, it has its own chain of command, and only meets up with the CF way at the top. Don't worry about the budget, we'll say we found oil on a DND property, and as such, the government decided to allocate it to the DND for it's own purposes  ;). As a result, there is enough money to stand up a new element, however money isn't abundant. I get that you may not see the point of this, but it'd be fun, and I want to see what we can come up with  :camo:

Here are the details:

-First off, it's a land force
- this element will own its own equipment, whether second handed from the CF or purchased new (to be decided by you guys)
- this element will not conduct a common BMQ, and its "corpsmen" will undergo a separate BMQ (the length of which will be decided by you guys)
- if you guys want, it can have it's own Air Command
- this element will be more of a tradition-patriotic force (as little sense as that makes), and will proudly trace it's history to the original Canadian Corps
- discipline will be a much larger aspect of training
- more of a warrior focus

So you guys get the gist of it... I want you guys to try and decide the finer details of the element. Why? Because it'd be fun!

JayB said:
*WARNING* The reading of this topic may require you to use your imagination a little bit. If you are the "grizzled NCO" type, please just leave logic behind for a second and enjoy this topic.

I hope I don't face too much of a reprimand for this, but I just want to try something new. Come on guys, it'll be fun! :D Imagine that the DND, the office of the CoDS and other executive branch type individuals decided on the creation of a new element of the Canadian Armed Forces, one whose details will be included in a sec. For history's sake, let's call it the Canadian Corps. This element is not part of the combined CF, although it interoperates with it in every aspect imaginable, it has its own chain of command, and only meets up with the CF way at the top. Don't worry about the budget, we'll say we found oil on a DND property, and as such, the government decided to allocate it to the DND for it's own purposes  ;). As a result, there is enough money to stand up a new element, however money isn't abundant. I get that you may not see the point of this, but it'd be fun, and I want to see what we can come up with  :camo:

Here are the details:

- this element will own its own equipment, whether second handed from the CF or purchased new (to be decided by you guys)
- this element will not conduct a common BMQ, and its "corpsmen" will undergo a separate BMQ (the length of which will be decided by you guys)
- this element will be more of a tradition-patriotic force (as little sense as that makes), and will proudly trace it's history to the original Canadian Corps

So you guys get the gist of it... I want you guys to try and decide the finer details of the element. Why? Because it'd be fun!

You mean the TDBG? Too late.. already invented  ::)

You just described many reenactment groups.

And the Cadet Corps.

:facepalm:

JayB said:
...the office of the CoDS
Obviously this occurs in Newfoundland. 

it'd be fun!

hey-7-you-know-that-word-posers-this-30416-1304147043-22.jpg

JayB said:

Here are the details:

What would be the purpose of this formation?

It's not often that I get to make reference to the film classic Billy Madison in order to make a point.  I suppose that this is one of those happy and rare few times.  Please see link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

It's not often I get to lock topics in Radio Chatter...but I don't see this going anywhere good.

Jay, if you're worried about catching shit for something then you might want to think twice about posting it. We're not talking standing up for some deep held belief or political view here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back