• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is this stolen valour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks legit to me.

GCS-SWA, CPSM, UNDOF, NATO Balkans or Kosovo, Golden Jubilee, and CD with bar. Everything is in the right order, and court mounted.

Looks legit to me.

GCS-SWA, CPSM, UNDOF, NATO Balkans or Kosovo, Golden Jubilee, and CD with bar. Everything is in the right order, and court mounted.
I was going to say the same thing.

Medals look ok. CD with bar matches his age. Looks like a cadet medal on his right side. His ceinture fléchée is a cultural thing and at least he’s wearing a jacket and collared shirt. He’s not pretending to wear a uniform or anything.

I can’t make out his pins but one of them could be a service pin (the one you get when you release)

Looked a bit odd, what do you think?
Nope. Medals look fine, the medal from what looks like possibly the National Aboriginal Veterans Association is properly worn on the right, I think he’s clearly at a monument to veterans… Absolutely nothing about this looks fishy. Care to explain your concerns?

Wtf is the problem here ? It looks fine to me , I understand why this seems to even be a problem?

Wtf is the problem here ? It looks fine to me , I understand why this seems to even be a problem?
In fairness, a lot of those medals are ones you don't see much of anymore, so it's pretty easy for a newer member to not be sure of them. Apart from Mali, and a few odd and sods nobody gets the CPSM or UN medals anymore. Even NATO medals aren't super common outside the navy these days.

In fairness, a lot of those medals are ones you don't see much of anymore, so it's pretty easy for a newer member to not be sure of them. Apart from Mali, and a few odd and sods nobody gets the CPSM or UN medals anymore. Even NATO medals aren't super common outside the navy these days.
About half a dozen or so in South Sudan with the UN as well (six month tours).

I saw a CAF medical type wearing what at cursory glance I thought was a CPSM but not in the right place, then at second glance clearly looked all fucked up. I asked (out of curiosity, assuming my own ignorance), and she said it was the Ebola medal that the Brits awarded to our members who went to west Africa for that. Not often my assessment of someone changes much from looking at a medal rack, but that was one of those rare instances where my respect for someone shot up massively as soon as I figured the gong out.

I had the rare privilege to attend the British High Commissioner present the UK's Operational Service Medal to a group of Canadians who deployed to Sierra Leone as part of the UK's training teams (STTT / IMATT). Interestingly, at the same time Canadians were training and supporting the SLA against the RUF and West Side Boys, there were also Canadians deployed under the UN.

I saw a CAF medical type wearing what at cursory glance I thought was a CPSM but not in the right place, then at second glance clearly looked all fucked up. I asked (out of curiosity, assuming my own ignorance), and she said it was the Ebola medal that the Brits awarded to our members who went to west Africa for that. Not often my assessment of someone changes much from looking at a medal rack, but that was one of those rare instances where my respect for someone shot up massively as soon as I figured the gong out.

The details of that medal and the list of Canadians who received it can be found on this Blatherwick link (pages 14 to 18).

Unless he approaches you and claims to have done two combat tours in the Gulf War as a sniper and claims to have lost friends over there. I had someone approach me and tell me that once. For the record, there were no Canadians killed in Dessert Storm. There were a number of other red flags as well.

Unless he approaches you and claims to have done two combat tours in the Gulf War as a sniper and claims to have lost friends over there. I had someone approach me and tell me that once. For the record, there were no Canadians killed in Dessert Storm. There were a number of other red flags as well.
Yeah ,that would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back