• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Commander of 8 Wing Trenton arrested, charged in hunting incident

Army ‘CLUE’: It was…BGen Douglas…in the training area…from a Kiowa…

Edit to add: Technically I think he was DEERFAC’ing from the Kiowa, the TOVIT was reportedly 5/4ton-enabled.

*Terrestrial Odocoileus Virginianus Interception Team
His son was one of my Pl Comds in Bosnia. That hunting trip was not the family's proudest moment.

When I was in Gagetown (mid 1980s) I ended talking with one of the old, old crusty Sgts in Range Control. Apparently a former BComd used a cherry picker to go deer hunting. Not sure if he was successful.

I just spit out my coffee lol you owe the King a keyboard lol
Good news is that we still have massive stockpiles of keyboards bought when we still had a queen, sitting in shelves, warranties expired, never used, waiting to either be issued as a replacement or sold as surplus on pennies on the dollar.

appoint Lieutenant-Colonel Matt Lederle as Acting Wing Commander of 8 Wing and CFB Trenton.

I didn't realize that 8 Wing and CFB Trenton were separate entities.

Just like 4 Wing and CFB Cold Lake are different things.

My rough understanding is that 8 Wing is the flying side units and their support, whereas CFB Trenton is the infrastructure and some of the units/sections that support it.

For 90-95% of the people posted to Trenton(or any other location) the distinction means nothing, and has zero impact on their lives.

I'm not hearing anything from those who complain about police getting paid while awaiting court decisions here.........

Back