• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP-RMC admission 2024 Fall

Shraddha

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Need your advice.. My son has give his interview for ROTP-RMC for Naval Warfare Officer and Logistics and is selected for it. The recruitment center told him that he will be put in a competition list as all his testing, interviews & medical are done. Can anyone advise the below :

1) By when should we get a confirmation of his selection ? This is important so that we are able to decide about the colleges/ university offers that we have a deadline to answer

2) Is the BMQ done after he joins RMC or before ?

We are not able to decipher any timelines and what next to do...
Thanks

To erase any confusion, being put on the competition list does not mean that you will receive an offer. It means that the file has been entirely processed (interview, medical, background...) and that it meets the minimum for the selected occupations.

Once the selection boards sits for ROTP, they will give out offers to top applicants. If they have 3 spots for logistics, the top 3 candidates on the list will be evaluated further. If you are selected, an offer is usually presented by email/phone call within 2 weeks.

ROTP selections are ongoing until July and offers might be given out anytime. The bulk of selections is usually done in early April.

Most do MOD 1 of BMOQ the summer before their 1st year at RMC. It is 4 or 5 weeks long and prepares cadets for the First Year Orientation at RMC. Mod 2 is usually done the summer at the end of Year 1. In some cases, a full BMOQ is done during the summer at the end of Year 1 instead of in parts.

If you are sure that you are on the competition list, all you can do now is wait for the (possible) offer.

To erase any confusion, being put on the competition list does not mean that you will receive an offer. It means that the file has been entirely processed (interview, medical, background...) and that it meets the minimum for the selected occupations.

Once the selection boards sits for ROTP, they will give out offers to top applicants. If they have 3 spots for logistics, the top 3 candidates on the list will be evaluated further. If you are selected, an offer is usually presented by email/phone call within 2 weeks.

ROTP selections are ongoing until July and offers might be given out anytime. The bulk of selections is usually done in early April.

Most do MOD 1 of BMOQ the summer before their 1st year at RMC. It is 4 or 5 weeks long and prepares cadets for the First Year Orientation at RMC. Mod 2 is usually done the summer at the end of Year 1. In some cases, a full BMOQ is done during the summer at the end of Year 1 instead of in parts.

If you are sure that you are on the competition list, all you can do now is wait for the (possible) offer.
Thank you so much for your detailed reply.

What if it says "selected"-does that mean we still have to wait for another selection board (RMC) to review?

What if it says "selected"-does that mean we still have to wait for another selection board (RMC) to review?
I am an applicant myself, but from what I gathered, there is some more processing involving ROTP selections. Someone said that RMC itself reviews all "selected" candidates for their academic potential, and only afterwards, the applicant receives an official offer. It is possible to be moved around from CL to Selected.

I am an applicant myself, but from what I gathered, there is some more processing involving ROTP selections. Someone said that RMC itself reviews all "selected" candidates for their academic potential, and only afterwards, the applicant receives an official offer. It is possible to be moved around from CL to Selected.
I see....that's alot of waiting!

All the best to you !

Hi, everyone! I am new here. I am applying for ROTP nursing officer, currently in my 2nd year of studies in the college of Nursing in a civilian University. I have been on the competition list since early march. Does anyone have any idea when would they be making selections for ROTP nursing officers ?

Hi, everyone! I am new here. I am applying for ROTP nursing officer, currently in my 2nd year of studies in the college of Nursing in a civilian University. I have been on the competition list since early march. Does anyone have any idea when would they be making selections for ROTP nursing officers ?
No one really knows when they do selections for each occupation. All we know is that they are ongoing until July, so you can get an offer between now and then. I know that for degrees not offered by RMC or civi-u, offers can go off outside of normal ROTP selections (april-may ish) as long there are spots left. New fiscal year begins on April 1st, so they will be sending out a lot of offers then. Best of luck!

No one really knows when they do selections for each occupation. All we know is that they are ongoing until July, so you can get an offer between now and then. I know that for degrees not offered by RMC or civi-u, offers can go off outside of normal ROTP selections (april-may ish) as long there are spots left. New fiscal year begins on April 1st, so they will be sending out a lot of offers then. Best of luck!
Thanks! I appreciate the reply.

Hello everyone! i hope you're doing well. I'd really appreciate any advice anyone could offer. I've been trying to convince my parent to let me join the military and they finally let me! but that was in April and i went in did my CFAT but didn't do well in the english and math portion of the CFAT. I also had a terrible week that day especially and i had no idea on how to study in that moment and felt the absolute worst like my whole life just got ruined. Its always been my passion to go into the Military but now its been almost 30 days well next week to be exact. I will be doing my re test for the CFAT next week. do you think i could still have a chance in joining this year for RTOP. My recruiter says I might have a chance as long as i do everything within the timed manner like pass my CFAT, interview, medical interview, and aircrew selection. I also forgot to mention that i want to be a pilot or air traffic controller and study at RMC for aeronautical Engineering. But i was always implied that i should do everything like the application process in the beginning of the school year in September, well that was not the case for me. However I trying my best I really would appreciate any insight you guys could have. I recently purchased the army CFAT test review preparation hoping that i would do well then i did before. do you guys think i can make it in time before July and finish my aircrew and interview in the beginning of June. do you think RMC could still give me an offer for this year when i make it in time! I hope 🤞. I still have hope but i don't want to led myself in the wrong direction. Thanks to everyone in advanced. all the best!

Warm Regards,
Bailey. S

Hello everyone! i hope you're doing well. I'd really appreciate any advice anyone could offer. I've been trying to convince my parent to let me join the military and they finally let me! but that was in April and i went in did my CFAT but didn't do well in the english and math portion of the CFAT. I also had a terrible week that day especially and i had no idea on how to study in that moment and felt the absolute worst like my whole life just got ruined. Its always been my passion to go into the Military but now its been almost 30 days well next week to be exact. I will be doing my re test for the CFAT next week. do you think i could still have a chance in joining this year for RTOP. My recruiter says I might have a chance as long as i do everything within the timed manner like pass my CFAT, interview, medical interview, and aircrew selection. I also forgot to mention that i want to be a pilot or air traffic controller and study at RMC for aeronautical Engineering. But i was always implied that i should do everything like the application process in the beginning of the school year in September, well that was not the case for me. However I trying my best I really would appreciate any insight you guys could have. I recently purchased the army CFAT test review preparation hoping that i would do well then i did before. do you guys think i can make it in time before July and finish my aircrew and interview in the beginning of June. do you think RMC could still give me an offer for this year when i make it in time! I hope 🤞. I still have hope but i don't want to led myself in the wrong direction. Thanks to everyone in advanced. all the best!

Warm Regards,
Bailey. S
From what I've heard, selections can go as late as July, but in my experience each of your tests and interviews will take a long time to complete. Pilot also requires one of the highest CFAT scores as I'm aware. That being said, the CFAT prep services I used helped a lot, and I passed high enough for any occupation and I think my studying with those services is a big reason why. It's definitely not impossible, but I'm not sure I'd call it likely. Keep studying and do your best for this year, but don't forget that getting in next year is any worse, and if Military is your passion, then any path you need to take is as good as another.
Good luck Bailey, hopefully I'll see you this year, but if not, we better see you in 2025 if it's still your passion!

From what I've heard, selections can go as late as July, but in my experience each of your tests and interviews will take a long time to complete. Pilot also requires one of the highest CFAT scores as I'm aware. That being said, the CFAT prep services I used helped a lot, and I passed high enough for any occupation and I think my studying with those services is a big reason why. It's definitely not impossible, but I'm not sure I'd call it likely. Keep studying and do your best for this year, but don't forget that getting in next year is any worse, and if Military is your passion, then any path you need to take is as good as another.
Good luck Bailey, hopefully I'll see you this year, but if not, we better see you in 2025 if it's still your passion!
ISN'T!* ISN'T ANY WORSE! Worst typo possible 😅

ISN'T!* ISN'T ANY WORSE! Worst typo possible 😅
my recruiter said there's not many people doing any applications for ROTP in these late 😭 months so my testing can go by quickly. which i'm really hoping they do. I would really appreciate your advice on how i could possibly do well in order to do air crew selection. do you have any recommendations on how i should prepare for my CFAT. I am currently studying and preparing with army-test.com which is honestly not bad the math part of the preparation seems similar however i did so terrible with the decimal part of my CFAT so i'm trying to study that as well and the english part, omg i feel so embarrassed i did so terrible, they were like Shakespeare words and words that i've never heard of so i'm honestly hoping for all the best. i had no idea selection can go up to July which makes me feel so much better. I hope to see you this year as well! I'll do my best in preparation and just honestly positive thinking keeps me going. Thanks for your advice, i really appreciate it have a great day!

my recruiter said there's not many people doing any applications for ROTP in these late 😭 months so my testing can go by quickly. which i'm really hoping they do. I would really appreciate your advice on how i could possibly do well in order to do air crew selection. do you have any recommendations on how i should prepare for my CFAT. I am currently studying and preparing with army-test.com which is honestly not bad the math part of the preparation seems similar however i did so terrible with the decimal part of my CFAT so i'm trying to study that as well and the english part, omg i feel so embarrassed i did so terrible, they were like Shakespeare words and words that i've never heard of so i'm honestly hoping for all the best. i had no idea selection can go up to July which makes me feel so much better. I hope to see you this year as well! I'll do my best in preparation and just honestly positive thinking keeps me going. Thanks for your advice, i really appreciate it have a great day!
I can't say much about the aircrew selection, I'm Navy and my special test was the M.O.S.T.. Ik a couple of airforce people tho and can try to get you in contact with them. My insta is @salmon_junk, I'll get you talking to some of the aircrew kids if I can manage it. As far as the army-test.ca is concerned, I used their app and it did WONDERS for me. Feel free to message me directly if you want extra help, but I find the army-test.ca app was honestly enough for me (also seriously look up any videos on quick and accurate mental math. That also helped like crazy.) Oh, and for the spatial I printed out the map for one of the questions on army-test and made it 3D to help with that learn and visualize those better. As far as vocab is concerned, just use the army-test vocab trainer. Idrk how else to train up fast on those. I can teach you some tricks I use but idrk how much they would help (the tricks I use are largely rooted in my knowing word structure, archaic words, and a little of a lot of languages. I can try and teach you it, but idk how much that'd help without any of those lol)

Good morning! thank you for all your help and advice with everything. I really appreciate it. I definitely keep studying for CFAT with the army-Test.ca . I definitely work more on the english preparation part, of it . since french is actually my first language and then its english, but i was born in Quebec and moved to Ontario when i was younger like 4/5 years old. however i don't think it makes much of a difference, since i grew up speaking both english and french. however english has never been my favourite course especially in school and im just trying to go by and get it over with. I will add you on instagram, mines @aero.salma ( i put RMC in my bio as manifesting this journey just to get a but of hope ) i really hope all goes well along the way. i can't really waste time as it goes by since theres not much i can do but just to study however do you have any techniques on how to retain info in your head well this just implies for english portion, since for math its not that hard i just need to work on the decimal and fraction part of it. since that was all i got when i did CFAT like those questions brought me terror in my eyes when i could never understand it in elementary school (it comes back to haunt you ) 😭 All i can do is study and not procrastinate. anyways all the best, i'll definitely update everyone once i finish my CFAT and do air crew 🤞goodbye everyone have a great day! (sorry for all the typo and grammar errors)

Back