• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFRC Montreal

WinterJet

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with CFRC Montreal in terms of speed? I put in my application two weeks ago and they need to dig up old CFAT scores and do the regular processing stuff. I was told to call in two weeks if I didn't hear anything before then so I'll be doing that Monday. I'm just curious to know if anyone has any good/bad stories about this particular recruiting center, speed-wise.

Thanks.

i went there in 1993 and was in st-jean 6 weeks later....your case however, will need more time.........

WinterJet said:
Does anyone have any experience with CFRC Montreal in terms of speed? I put in my application two weeks ago and they need to dig up old CFAT scores and do the regular processing stuff. I was told to call in two weeks if I didn't hear anything before then so I'll be doing that Monday. I'm just curious to know if anyone has any good/bad stories about this particular recruiting center, speed-wise.

Thanks.

Hi. I'm in EXACTLY the same situation.
I dropped mine off two weeks ago Monday... doing the CFAT/VFS/Med stuff from about 4-5 years ago. No call yet. 
The Sgt I spoke with said something about a month total for the whole process (interview, etc)... so I definitely need to call I think, especially since there was room this FY...

Oddly enough, I had applied online, and I think this may have confused them. When I came in, I handed the typed out/printed out application form to the Sgt, and he seemed to think nothing of it, with all the docs that he certified, etc.  That was Monday. The Friday I got a call from a MCpl asking me to complete some forms they were sending; I explained I had already dropped it all off, and he said "You did!? Oh. Ill check." Then hung up.  *Shrug*.

Yeah, a Sergeant there told me I'd definitely be in before the end of the fiscal year so I at least have that going for me.

WinterJet said:
Yeah, a Sergeant there told me I'd definitely be in before the end of the fiscal year so I at least have that going for me.

Are you applying Officer or NCM and if officer, what enrollment plan/moc.
It makes a difference on priority

WinterJet said:

Thanks.

Call once a week unless you're specifically told another timeframe, always make sure you get name / rank. I experienced significant delays with my current application at CFRC Montreal (during the initial stages, things are going smoothly now) but that's just me.
In your case two weeks sounds like a very reasonable amount of time to wait.

I'm in Victoria BC now and it took a week to get my 2.5 year old file (I saw it with my own eyes) from the Montreal CFRC. Not bad considering they said it would take 2 weeks... and I was called when it had arrived!

Just called up and the lady said my application wasn't in her system which meant it would still take a few weeks. More time at the gym then I guess.

Although the people are friendly at CFRC Montreal, it seems like it takes them longer each step of the way compared to the rest of Canada.  After a friend and I from Montreal passed Aircrew in Trenton along with 10 others from across Canada in August, our files were merit listed almost two months later than everyone else.  Because of this we were not eligible for the January selection as everyone else received an offer and is at basic training now. 

A word of advice to anyone applying through the CFRC Montreal:  Bring your papers in person (to avoid delays and problems) to the attention of your recruiter, and follow up regularly on the status of your file.  I never received a call from them, nor callbacks to messages so make sure to be persistant to make sure your file is progressing. 

Best of luck...and know that eventually.......you'll get there.

I called back again today and got given the name and extension of someone to gripe to directly next week. Here's hoping it works.

I applied as a Signal Officer last October at the Montreal CFRC. I passed the CFAT in November and the interview and medical test in December. When I passed the interview, they told me I would get news from them around January 15th. I called them on January 24th to get the status of my application since I hadn't received any call. The person I talked to told me it could take a while because they had problems getting people for the course. Then another person called me the day after, January 25th and told me to expect a call in the next 2 weeks, which hasn't yet happened. And the Signal O is in demand right now...

Anyway, I'm just relating my story so that you don't give up, the CFRC Montreal DO seems slower than the others from what I have read from other posts, but just keep calling once in a while and you'll eventually get the good news, I still believe it's worth the wait :)

It definitely is, it's just bothering me that a buddy of mine back in Victoria applied, did all his tests and went to course within 30 days and I'm still chilling here. Hurry up and wait :)

CFRC Montreal is waiting for CFRC Victoria to send them my file. Should be done quick after that I was told.

From personal experience, recruiting centres in all major centres will prolly be slow to process their applicants... larger population mass, more applicants, yada, yada, yada....
(regardless of the additional staff they do/should have)

Back