• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Flat Feet

jaysfan17 said:
But hey, what if he's still trying to get in?

You should know, because you quoted his post: "I had no problem getting in."
Reply #114

mariomike said:
You should know, because you quoted his post: "I had no problem getting in."
Reply #114

I was referring to silverhorse86, not the guy I quoted.

I will be more clear next time.

CheersShag said:
It depends on your trade too, if you are infantry, you‘ll have a much shorter life expectancy I would wager then if you were mseops or something similar. By life expectancy I don‘t mean when you are going to die, I mean how long it will take before your knee gets so messed up that you will be the only soldier with a walker in the infantry.
Like i said though, you absolutely have to see about getting a very good in-sole for your boot regardless of what trade.

I don't get the big hype over flat feet! I've had them since birth and experience zero pain. Nothing. I used to run like the wind when I was a kid, much faster than many. Those that experience pain must suffer some type of spinal, bone, nerve or muscular deformity. I cancelled my application to the army because I Googled "flat feet and the army" and many deceptive sites claimed that flat feet was an automatic disqualification from joining. I'm a fairly good shooter who has won top shot in Ottawa and Halifax and also competed in the Canada Winter Games. I must be good for something lol

There's literally someone a few posts above you that had flat feet and was accepted into the CAF. You clearly didn't want the job in the CAF enough as you let a poorly phrased Google search make you cancel your application.

My brother was a Sgt. Flat feet to boot. That condition automatically disqualifying a potential member hasn’t been an issue for quite some years now. So, if you’d like to rethink your application...

Just retired after 31 years - feet flat as 2x4's.  Fallen arches - yeah, you'd no likely be hired; normally flat feet, unlikely a problem.

MM

Back