• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

It's been a long time....

BDTyre

Reaction score
A week from today, I am being sworn in.  :)

That makes it approximately one year and fifty weeks since I handed my application in to the Seaforths.

Ironically, it is probably two years to the day that I first went in to seriouly look at applying.

..I have to know, why the heck does it take some people this long?! I handed my application in a month ago, if that, and I have just finished all of my tests..

There were some medical issues in my case that took a while to resolve.

Congrats BDTyre!

A long wait, I know what it feels like. Been waiting almost as long as you, my number should come up soon.

..I have to know, why the heck does it take some people this long?!  
There are lots of different reasons. I lived outside Canada for a while, and had to do a pre-security clearance which took 8 months.

Now I just have to find out my blood type.  You think that would be easy....

If all else fails, there is a blood donor clinic the day before I'm sworn in.  Looks like I'll be doing that.

Congrats BDTyre.  Third time around for the medical was the charm eh?

BDTyre

the best of luck in your new CF career.

Slim

Haha, kinda sh*tty about the waiting to get in, also you don't need to know your blood type to get into the army, but your gonna need to know it for your ID card an ID discs/dog tags. Also, if your joining as a reserve infanteer, your MOC would be R031, not 031.

Congrats BDTyre, I hope that I get the same good news soon.

Thanks everyone!
Spenco:  Apparently it is.  Maybe three is my lucky number: medical has been submitted three times; I ended up doing three PT tests; and I had to do three medical tests to prove to Borden that I'm fine.  I also had to fill out three applications (while four technically, one was just copying one onto a newer form).

MikeL: thanks for pointing out R031 vs 031.  I've had "031 Hopeful" the whole time I've been here, despite always knowing I was going R031.

RossF said:
..I have to know, why the heck does it take some people this long?! I handed my application in a month ago, if that, and I have just finished all of my tests..

for some people it take a lot longer, i first went to the recruiting center less than 8 months ago and im already done my bmq

I started the application process mid April, I finished all my testing this past Tuesday the 24th of May. Just waiting for the call. So far so fast  ;D  Congrats to those who got the call already!

i just finished all my tests on the 24th too. I'm really praying I get in this summer.

The next BMQ for me is July 4th. Hopefully I get the call for that one. Do you know when the dates for your BMQ are LL?

The recruiting officer told me it's on the 28th of june.....but then my brother who also applied said something else...so i'm not sure. So whatever the date... I WANT IN  :)

I was told by my recruiter that they start a BMQ every Tuesday, i guess with the number of people they are taking into the cf the BMQ's are booked up until like the end of July, My recruiter also told me the people from the may 9 selection are going to be divided up into BMQ's for Aug,sept,Oct,  hope this helps.

ryan fitzy said:
I was told by my recruiter that they start a BMQ every Tuesday, i guess with the number of people they are taking into the cf the BMQ's are booked up until like the end of July, My recruiter also told me the people from the may 9 selection are going to be divided up into BMQ's for Aug,sept,Oct,   hope this helps.

The other posters are talking about the reserves but you are correct about the Reg F BMQs.

ryan fitzy said:
I was told by my recruiter that they start a BMQ every Tuesday, i guess with the number of people they are taking into the cf the BMQ's are booked up until like the end of July, My recruiter also told me the people from the may 9 selection are going to be divided up into BMQ's for Aug,sept,Oct,   hope this helps.

it was almost every monday in st jean

Back