• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MED A Recruiting / Vision Requirements

C

Christopher

Hi there,

I‘m applying for a MED A position in the reserves, and I was wondering what the vision requirements are to be recruited. Is it identical to the combat arms requirements, or is it less stringent?

Thanks,
Christopher

It‘s less stringent. I‘ve got some buddies who went into the medics after they where turned away from combat arms because of their vision...

Yeah, the Med A medical requirements are a lot less stringent (kinda ironic). You don‘t need 20/20 OR colour vision, and more medical problems are acceptable. Heck I knew a 20 year old with arthritis who was accepted as a Med A.

Being a medic in an infantry unit (or any other combat arms unit) is great. You get the best of both worlds, and a real chance to apply the medical skills you learn. In a medical company, however, is like being in school. You spend a whole lot of time learning about it, and very little time every doing it.

Sounds good. I‘m actually applying for a position in the Princess of Wales Own Regiment. I just hope my vision doesn‘t disqualify me.

Back