• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PSHCP - Frustration abounds as public service health plan gets switched to Canada Life

Is that the overage on the dispensing fee or the 80% of the generic cost only? There is no coverage difference between SL & CL, they are merely plan administrators. The new deal that the unions and TB reached really didn't do folks that have lots of ongoing prescriptions any favours with the cap on dispensing and the generic use clause which seems to be why the cost to the members is increasing which is not really a CL issue.
Don't know what it is other than it has gone up significantly.

I have filed one claim online, just over a week ago. Process seemed to go smoothly.

Just logged in to check on the status of the single, solitary claim I have filed, and see that there are two identical claims now listed as pending.

I have filed one claim online, just over a week ago. Process seemed to go smoothly.

Just logged in to check on the status of the single, solitary claim I have filed, and see that there are two identical claims now listed as pending.
Score?

I have had issues with Canada Life since the transition, from positive enrolling to submitting claims. Fortunately for me since I was medically released, the medication that I need to help me with the health problems that are responsible for my retirement/release, are paid for by VAC. I am still having problems connecting with Canada Life to sort out my other claims.

Very frustrating.

Canada life is total garbage. Prepare to be disappointed.
The crazy part is Canada Life is the easier of the two companies to deal with if you are OUTCAN. MSH International (the company who manages the OUTCAN healthcare) is far, far, far, far, far worse.

Everything is based on reimbursement, which is fun in the US when procedures are not cheap.

I don't know if this is the right place, but it seems the problems with Canada Life has drawn some attention. Not that it will likely make you feel any better, but our benefits used to be covered by Great-West Life and life was good. They 'merged' with Canada Life and London Life under the Canada Life banner and life is not so good anymore.

It may end up being little more than a wagging finger and stern look that qualifies as government action.

I don't know if this is the right place, but it seems the problems with Canada Life has drawn some attention. Not that it will likely make you feel any better, but our benefits used to be covered by Great-West Life and life was good. They 'merged' with Canada Life and London Life under the Canada Life banner and life is not so good anymore.

It may end up being little more than a wagging finger and stern look that qualifies as government action.

…and the only reason why this is even a thing is because GAC and other civilians are having these issues too. If it was just CAF members posted overseas, there would be crickets.

Back