• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question for NCI/NES Ops

Danno1

Inactive
Reaction score
Question for you guys:

After BMQ, where are you posted while you await courses - Halifax, Esquimalt, Ottawa?

Training for NCI Op is 5 weeks NET Halifax/Esquimalt, 26 weeks trade Esquimalt.
Training for NES Op is 5 weeks NET Halifax/Esquimalt, 20 weeks trade Esquimalt.

I've read that spouses cannot come for postings of less than 6 months.

Is this 6 months inclusive of PAT, NET, and trade, combined?
Can you bring your spouse for the duration of either NCI Op, or NES Op, training?

most likely you go west, so Esquimalt, since that's where you do your trade training ( QL3 ). WHile there, you may do your NETP first, or do it after. If your NETP course comes first then you most likely wait until after the QL3 is done to get your posting, which includes among other things, approved move of HG&E . This means your wife can join you afterwards. Either way, you get your posting ( depending on circumstances ) after your QL3 which is when you are allowed to move your belongings and family to be with you.
6 months is 6 months.
regardless of whether your wife is with you or not, you may have to stay on base, it depends, once there you can ask your CoC. However, any move done while on a prohibited posting is done at your cost. And  it usually takes special circumstances to get approval to move off base while on course, not just " my wife moved here to be with me". However, you can spend nights and weekends together, if you want to foot that bill.
I'm pretty sure your questions have all been covered in here, try the search function, there's lots of info there.

seadog70 said:
most likely you go west, so Esquimalt, since that's where you do your trade training ( QL3 ). WHile there, you may do your NETP first, or do it after. If your NETP course comes first then you most likely wait until after the QL3 is done to get your posting, which includes among other things, approved move of HG&E . This means your wife can join you afterwards. Either way, you get your posting ( depending on circumstances ) after your QL3 which is when you are allowed to move your belongings and family to be with you.
6 months is 6 months.
regardless of whether your wife is with you or not, you may have to stay on base, it depends, once there you can ask your CoC. However, any move done while on a prohibited posting is done at your cost. And  it usually takes special circumstances to get approval to move off base while on course, not just " my wife moved here to be with me". However, you can spend nights and weekends together, if you want to foot that bill.
I'm pretty sure your questions have all been covered in here, try the search function, there's lots of info there.

I was afraid of that answer.  :-\

I am glad to live on base, but was hoping for a PMQ spot during PAT, NETP, and QL3, if they are in the same location, seemingly Esquimalt.

If not, that could easily be a year apart, which would be tough for her, she doesn't have a stable family or group of friends. Once we're posted at a PMQ, she would have easy access to support and networks during deployment. It's residence prior to posting that worries me.

And you're right, I have found other threads that discuss this.

Thanks for the input.

Im currently in Esquimalt awaiting my NESOP QL3s, I graduated basic on May 17th. My QL3 doesn't start until January. I have a common-law wife and was told that because im on a Prohibited Posting, I am required to live on base and that they will not pay to move my wife out here. I injured myself in basic and spent an extra 3 months in Quebec. When it is all said and done I would of been away from home for 1.5 years. In my opinion it's very important that your wife is independent, that you can Skype and that you plan a trip home every few months.

Back