• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions About Commissioning from the ranks

If any of you guys are curious about what happened to me, I'll fill you in (and I'll fill in the people reading this forum post 20 years from now as I read posts that old now). I emailed the Mcpl about whether I was eligible for RESO, and she replied, "Unfortunately, no. The scores you have alone do not qualify you for RESO." However, before the interview, the Lt who was interviewing me said I was indeed eligible and could go ahead with an officer interview if I wanted to. I asked him if that would be wise, and he said Metropolitan Pres is very selective with their officers (he himself being commissioned from the ranks) and told me it was unlikely I would ever be enrolled as an officer without prior experience, so I decided to go NCM Infanteer.

Thanks for letting us know and good luck with the start. I believe infanteer is a good pick.

Best tip I can give you is to keep your butt down and avoid the pace stick (probably not a thing anymore but better safe than sorry).

If any of you guys are curious about what happened to me, I'll fill you in (and I'll fill in the people reading this forum post 20 years from now as I read posts that old now). I emailed the Mcpl about whether I was eligible for RESO, and she replied, "Unfortunately, no. The scores you have alone do not qualify you for RESO." However, before the interview, the Lt who was interviewing me said I was indeed eligible and could go ahead with an officer interview if I wanted to. I asked him if that would be wise, and he said Metropolitan Pres is very selective with their officers (he himself being commissioned from the ranks) and told me it was unlikely I would ever be enrolled as an officer without prior experience, so I decided to go NCM Infanteer.
Best of luck, and enjoy it! NCM Infanteernis hard work, lots of suck, but occasionally some really fun and cool stuff. I really enjoyed having the opportunity to lead other soldiers once I made it to that point.

Which regiment are you joining?

Best of luck, and enjoy it! NCM Infanteernis hard work, lots of suck, but occasionally some really fun and cool stuff. I really enjoyed having the opportunity to lead other soldiers once I made it to that point.

Which regiment are you joining?
The Sgt selected me for the QoR after my PROFS, but the LT before the interview said they’re always full, so there is very limited availability since they have para, oldest Infantry regiment, etc which makes everyone want to join them. I might get a job offer from somewhere else, but he said I did well in the interview. I'll just have to see after Ottawa checks my medical, and they do the background and credit check who decides to give me a job offer.

Back