• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sea Duty Allowance backpay

contacted my pay office and got the initial reply that they know nothing, Ottawa was doing the audits and issuing the pay, don't know if they are done.  Sent copy of the canforgen and waiting for next reply.  The CBI was updated in 2007 and with a quick search couldn't find a copy from 2001 to see what the policy was.  No idea if I should be receiving anything as I haven't even been able to confirm what SDA I was paid.  Really wish I had my view access to CCPS so I could at least look that up. Maybe I was paid for the entire period already.

As a follow up to this.

Paperwork submitted IAW CANFORGEN 221/16 first week back from leave in January.

Mid-May pay statement indicates that I am getting my SDA corrected to factor in the lost time for one refit. 

As well, my SDA bumps UP to 15+ year in the middle of that section, so I am getting 9+ months SDA (12 year) and the last few are being corrected to 15+ year.

Mid-May pay is going to reflect that I was taxed on this amount at 44.5%, and I'll see a nice chunk of money appear in my account that I'll be able to put right onto my Visa bill. 

:)

I do hope, NS, that you don't get a tax surprise as I and the others here did this year.  It turned out to be a Pyrrhic bit of backpay for me.

NavyShooter said:
As a follow up to this.

Paperwork submitted IAW CANFORGEN 221/16 first week back from leave in January.

Mid-May pay statement indicates that I am getting my SDA corrected to factor in the lost time for one refit. 

As well, my SDA bumps UP to 15+ year in the middle of that section, so I am getting 9+ months SDA (12 year) and the last few are being corrected to 15+ year.

Mid-May pay is going to reflect that I was taxed on this amount at 44.5%, and I'll see a nice chunk of money appear in my account that I'll be able to put right onto my Visa bill. 

:)

Another one of our fellow former MON mbrs just received her Sea-Pay back-pay, so I'm hoping mine comes in soon. I also raised it with my pay office (which is an hour away and support a million ppl) but it hasn't shown up on my statements yet...  :-X

If anyone is still following this thread...I still haven't got mine lol. BOR has no idea what is going on, said they were going to check into it waaaaaay back in Feb...No one will return my emails now lol.

same boat - got no answers of even if I qualify for anything.  My clerk couldn't even provide the dates I was paid SDA.  Really miss having view access of my account so I could check myself.

I had to submit my paperwork and let it disappear into the morass....submitted in Jan, processed this pay.

4+ months.

NavyShooter said:
I had to submit my paperwork and let it disappear into the morass....submitted in Jan, processed this pay.

4+ months.

Did you submit a simply query, or did you submit all that paperwork they said you need to submit for this verification? I submitted my query before I knew about the need for the extra documentation, but nothing came back saying "rejected - insufficient material" (or something like it), so I was hoping they just took it and ran with it. (I mean, they were supposed to have done this review on their own, without any input from us. Why do we need to submit our own paperwork for it?).

:salute:

ok - missing something here.  What paperwork?  I didn't see anything on needing to submit paperwork.  Thinking it is time to contact my pay office again but not confident they will be able to help.

Shoot me a note Bradley.browne at the forces stuff and I'll send you what I have.

NS

Back