• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Ontario Regiment

Smirnoff123

Inactive
Reaction score
I am interested in joining the Ontario Regiment, and I was wondering if anyone kicking around here is a member? If so I would like to ask you a few questions  :)

C.G.R said:
I am interested in joining the Ontario Regiment, and I was wondering if anyone kicking around here is a member? If so I would like to ask you a few questions  :)

Have you called the Regiment and spoken to a Recruiter? Have you made an attempt to go down on a parade night and look around and ask your questions right there? Those are probably your best bets for 'from the horse's mouth' information.

I have made several attempts to contact the recruiter, and no one has answered. The parade night is not listed on the website, which is one of the questions that I wanted to ask.

You should go to the armoury and speak with someone there. I had some questions last week and I just walked in. Everyone I spoke to was extremely helpful. I was told the parade night is Tuesday night and the office there closes at 4 pm.

25 years ago I was a member and liked the fact that it was down town Oshawa.  It was close to buses and even the GO station if that hasn't moved.  Made for fun times in the mess and could grab a sub before heading out on a bus to Whitby.

As a former Black Cat myself, I can tell you that parade nights are Tuesday night from 1900 until 2200 ish. The front office is open from Monday to Friday 0900 to 1600. If in doubt the recruiting office is located on the opposite end of the parade square from the front office.  Hope this helps.

Hey C.G.R.,

I am currently in the beginning stages of applying to the Ontario Regiment as a Crewman. Maybe I'll see you there.

I started another thread under the Recruiting Process section  :facepalm: where I asked if anyone was a member of the unit. You must have started this one before me ;).

Follow the advice of psionic0 and go down there during a regular training night and you can talk to a recruiter. The recruiter answered all my questions and he's a really nice guy to talk to about anything related to the CF.

Anyways, good luck.

With respect,

Michael K.

Back