• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Now who wants to take bets he will be like his father, leave for a short amount of time and be back?

All it could take is a 4 year Conservative majority which requires some serious cuts to sort things out, which would piss off the entitled and result in a return for JT.
Worst case scenario, I think it would result in a return for the LPC. Trudeau's personal brand and reputation are toast, and honestly suspect beyond redemption in the eyes of the public.

I think he was hoping for a spot with the UN for himself and close friends. But his failure to follow through with his promise "were back" told a further story of his failure to amount to much. Then the dictatorship way he handled covid response and the protests really made him enemies in Europe.
It will be interesting when he applies to oil and gas company or mining company. BC's former Premier John Horgan works for Teck Coal. After he was strongly against them.
I doubt any organization - private or government - will look upon the raging dumpster fire that is the current Canadian government and say "Ya know, we really need to get their top people in our organization. What a fantastic job they've done!"

Unless your uncle Klaus, in which case he's probably sitting on his dark throne (probably has swastikas on it but we'll all just pretend it doesn't) doing the villain finger thing saying "Yyyyyyeeesssss..." while smiling at the work of his squeaky little nation assassin. And word has it she's been rewarded by the WEF & is short listed as a possible successor...

Back to the UN bit, I think you are completely right. He's made enemies throughout Europe, which isn't going to do him any favours - plus we didn't follow through on our UN 'ambitions'...but I think the UN was probably equally at fault for this.

Looking back on the Mali mission, there was a reason why we couldn't wait to gtfo of there. We wouldn't even extend our mission by a month or two so the incoming country (Romania?) could finish their pre-deployment prep.

"K Bye!" said Canada, as it feined regret that it couldn't stay longer, but who's legs couldn't seem to catch the departing train fast enough...

We were better off not committing more than we did to such a stupidly inefficient organization.

Now that China is treating the UN like an investment vehicle & one vehicle capable of assisting them in their global ambitions, maybe they'll smarten things up as they go.

Fair enough. I did enjoy the interview Justin Ling did with him. I could tell Trudeau was squirming really good. I think he was expecting a softball interview there.

CBC Front Burner had an episode today with Justin Ling about both Poilievre and Trudeau. His interview is part of it.

I doubt any organization - private or government - will look upon the raging dumpster fire that is the current Canadian government and say "Ya know, we really need to get their top people in our organization. What a fantastic job they've done!"

Unless your uncle Klaus, in which case he's probably sitting on his dark throne (probably has swastikas on it but we'll all just pretend it doesn't) doing the villain finger thing saying "Yyyyyyeeesssss..." while smiling at the work of his squeaky little nation assassin. And word has it she's been rewarded by the WEF & is short listed as a possible successor...

Back to the UN bit, I think you are completely right. He's made enemies throughout Europe, which isn't going to do him any favours - plus we didn't follow through on our UN 'ambitions'...but I think the UN was probably equally at fault for this.

Looking back on the Mali mission, there was a reason why we couldn't wait to gtfo of there. We wouldn't even extend our mission by a month or two so the incoming country (Romania?) could finish their pre-deployment prep.

"K Bye!" said Canada, as it feined regret that it couldn't stay longer, but who's legs couldn't seem to catch the departing train fast enough...

We were better off not committing more than we did to such a stupidly inefficient organization.

Now that China is treating the UN like an investment vehicle & one vehicle capable of assisting them in their global ambitions, maybe they'll smarten things up as they go.
I think you guys are forgetting that there is a fairly significant portion of the population that not only continues to support the LPC, but continues to support Trudeau. Some of the people who approve of Trudeau (both Canadians and internationally) are the heads of various large organizations. He will find a home somewhere.

I think you guys are forgetting that there is a fairly significant portion of the population that not only continues to support the LPC, but continues to support Trudeau. Some of the people who approve of Trudeau (both Canadians and internationally) are the heads of various large organizations. He will find a home somewhere.
I have no doubt he'll find a home somewhere. I imagine he'll find a lucrative gig as a public speaker or with an organization such as the WEF (or similar) - I have no doubt he'll land on his feet somewhere

I never once imagined he'd be homeless.

(Although that would be amazingly fitting if the PM that allowed massive migration but didn't bother to build any housing ended up homeless himself...might finally humble the man a bit)

As for the part about a significant portion of the population still supporting Trudeau and the LPC, or people internationally supporting the Trudeau brand...I am fairly convinced that you & I, Lumber, are living in different dimensions...

I realize that the Justin Trudeau in your dimension hasn't bankrupted the country, been complicit with 2 Canadian political hostages being held for months after their release had been offered, labeled protestors as terrorists so he could freeze their bank accounts & assets, got fired from his teaching job for sleeping with a student or two (and then having them sign an NDA & paying them for their silence), fired the Attorney General for having the audacity to tell him not to break the law, tried to cover up Chinese election interference in 2016 and 2020, tried to cover up large donations from China going to the Trudeau Foundation, tried to cover up PLA scientists working at the National Lab (to the point he sued the speaker of the house for releasing documents as part of the investigation), appointing his own special rapporteur to investigate himself, got caught sole sourcing a $500M contract to a Charity his family has significant influence over, paid $60M to some friends for an app that wasn't really worked on, $42M buying exactly 0 firearms during the gun buyback (where did that $42M go??), vaccine passports & draconian vaccination requirements, and has forced a carbon tax that increases annually, causing the price of home utilities, goods, and gas to skyrocket while paychecks have remained stagnant...

I'm probably forgetting a bunch of them, but to be fair he's had like a new scandal every week (some weeks it's actually every day!) So it's hard to keep track of them all...

In your dimension, Justin seems like a handsome young politician with a good head on his shoulders, is genuinely charismatic, looks out for the best interests of Canadians, and is respected by politicians overseas who love his company & advice

But in THIS dimension, a significant portion of the population are tending to support the candidate that doesn't talk down to them, wants accountability in government, and wants to implement some common sense ideas that the common folk generally support.

In THIS dimension, the 'F' on those "FJT!" stickers doesn't mean 'Favorite' - it means something else...

For the love of everything holy, I wish I could come visit your dimension. Like you have no idea how much I'd love to find the right wormhole & come visit for a year or so 🙏

I hope he does. Soon.

Around a quarter of the country still supports the LPC.

Which is the lowest they have every been with the exception for when Michael Ignaeteiff at 18% (2011) and George Brown at 22% (1867) were at the helm.

So I would surmise we have hit the numbers where the people still supporting JT and LPC are probably always going to support the LPC no matter who runs the party.

Around a quarter of the country still supports the LPC.

Which is the lowest they have every been with the exception for when Michael Ignaeteiff at 18% (2011) and George Brown at 22% (1867) were at the helm.

So I would surmise we have hit the numbers where the people still supporting JT and LPC are probably always going to support the LPC no matter who runs the party.

The inevitability of the trend lines is informative, if nothing else ;)

1714493082996.png

Ya this is almost rock bottom for the LPC I think. ~20-25% is about their foundation.

Boomers gonna Boomer ;)

Mothers Day 90S GIF by Mattiel

Nobody is forgetting anything. LPC is polling 24% +/- 3% and falling.
That does not translate to 24% of Canadians voting for trudeau.
That is not a fairly significant portion of Canadians. It represents those that are standing behind their party, not necessarily their leader.

They have to. The moment the LPC lose the confidence of the house, the NDP lose their levers. An election now guarantees the NDP are irrelevant for at least four years. Their key policy objectives from their kingmaking arrangement are still in the oven and not done yet; NDP can and will make noise and the LPC won’t object, but the budget will pass.

I think he’s too arrogant to. At this point it’s a toss up whether the party writ large would want him to give some a chance, or to stay on and own a defeat that it’s unlikely anyone can avert.
I read somewhere, can’t find the article that Jagmeet wants 2 things- an increase in the Canada Disability Benefit and at least 2 “meaningful” seats in Cabinet. Now, in 75 or 76, Pierre Trudeau once offered Ed Broadbent cabinet seats, which Broadbent rejected saying the Liberals would have to earn his support. I don’t see Jag taking that stand.

So by “fairly significant,” you mean less than 1 in 5 Canadians? I think your idea of significant is….inconceivable.

Liberal-friendly pollster Nik Nanos & Coy. show Canadians are almost twice as likely to support Poilievre than Trudeau (34.9% v 18.4%) As of 19Apr2024
IMG_4110.jpeg

So by “fairly significant,” you mean less than 1 in 5 Canadians? I think your idea of significant is….inconceivable.

Liberal-friendly pollster Nik Nanos & Coy. show Canadians are almost twice as likely to support Poilievre than Trudeau (34.9% v 18.4%) As of 19Apr2024
View attachment 84808
Yes, fine. I'm aware of these numbers.

This just proves my point. There are enough people out there who still support Trudeau that someone is bound to offer him a cushy consulting job.

I read somewhere, can’t find the article that Jagmeet wants 2 things- an increase in the Canada Disability Benefit and at least 2 “meaningful” seats in Cabinet. Now, in 75 or 76, Pierre Trudeau once offered Ed Broadbent cabinet seats, which Broadbent rejected saying the Liberals would have to earn his support. I don’t see Jag taking that stand.

Singh wants his pension. Anything else is supplemental.

That would be a formal coalition government, which we haven't had federally since 1917. I don't see it happening.

Last edited:

This just proves my point. There are enough people out there who still support Trudeau that someone is bound to offer him a cushy consulting job.
Meh. He’ll just sidle back into kicking his brother Sasha aside, and run his father’s foundation…based on the Government of 2002 giving it $125M, it’s up to $150M and climbing…

Now who wants to take bets he will be like his father, leave for a short amount of time and be back?

All it could take is a 4 year Conservative majority which requires some serious cuts to sort things out, which would piss off the entitled and result in a return for JT.
I refuse to think Canadians would be so forgiving and maybe even imbecilic to think he'd be good for anything.

You're probably right.

Former heads of state DO tend to end up in some cushy jobs once they are out of office, and JT does rub shoulders with some pretty powerful people.

Like I said, I don't think he'll end up jobless unless by choice. (His net worth, while hard to nail down precisely, is pretty significant)

Back