• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When will I come back to pick my things up???

Fruss

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I'm leaving for St-Jean January 28th, all my things will be in storage, car included, but I have a little question..   When can I expect to come back??   Do I take all my clothes and stuff I will need at Kingston for my MOC course? Or will I come back to be able to pick some things up?

As I don't know anyone enough here to be able to give a key to my storage so they can send me some things, I will have to come back to be able to access the storage..

How big of a bag can I bring to St-Jean and just leave it somewhere on the base for "later use"?

Will I be permitted to have my computer in Kingston for the MOC training? I know in St-Jean, I won't have anything but a couple of pieces of clothings for the weekend out in Montreal, but what is the situation during the MOC training?

And when I'm posted, I know I will be able to move my things to my posting, but a 1 bedroom apt furniture will not fit in the barracks..   Will I be able to keep the storage place as well in case I can't get an apt off/on base?

Thanks

Frank

All of these questions can be answered or will be explained to you later by the recruiting centre.  Call them and speak to the clerk handling your file.

Well, I called the CFRC in Vancouver, and they told me to bring the clothes that I need, I will have my things shipped to me at my first posting...  hmmm..  that helps...  I guess it means bring all your clothes...

Did anyone had any sort of problem in St-Jean/Wainwright/Kingston because they brought too much stuff??  I would like some tips...

BTW, I can't wait to be sworn in as I'm moving on the 26th, swear in the 27th and take the plane on the 28th..  It'll be too late for me to change my mind...

Frank

Frank the Tank said:
Well, I called the CFRC in Vancouver, and they told me to bring the clothes that I need, I will have my things shipped to me at my first posting...   hmmm..   that helps...   I guess it means bring all your clothes...

Did anyone had any sort of problem in St-Jean/Wainwright/Kingston because they brought too much stuff??   I would like some tips...

BTW, I can't wait to be sworn in as I'm moving on the 26th, swear in the 27th and take the plane on the 28th..   It'll be too late for me to change my mind...

Frank

Frank, are you officer training at St Jean?

I hope to enter St Jean next year after 1 year of UNI and reserve training.

kincanucks said:
All of these questions can be answered or will be explained to you later by the recruiting centre.  Call them and speak to the clerk handling your file.

The CFRC will be able to provide you joining instructions for Basic training, which should include the limitations on what you can bring. There are a number of recent Recruit School graduates participating in the forums who will be able to give you good up-to-date info to add to what the joining instruction provides. this topic has been covered from saome angles before, a review of the threads in the Recruiting FAQ may be in order. (http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101.0.html)

The CFRC, however, is unlikely to have details on all of the trade schools, because they are outside the area of interest of the CFRG. I believe there are a few folks on the board currently at, or recently have been at, the Canadian Forces School of Communications and Electronicss in Kingson (I'm assuming that's where you are going). Watch for their current responses.

Canuck, judging by the fact he is going to BMQ and is an LCIS Tech, it is safe to say that he is going NCM> However, I have done Initial Assesment Period at St-Jean, so feel free to PM me if you have questions about it.

Big Foot said:
Canuck, judging by the fact he is going to BMQ and is an LCIS Tech, it is safe to say that he is going NCM> However, I have done Initial Assesment Period at St-Jean, so feel free to PM me if you have questions about it.

Well, ill give you my story, although, it's will be long.

I am a grade 12 student currently enrolled in a public high school. I did not apply to RMC or for ROTP because I wasn't sure of the career I desired to pursue yet.
The current classes am enrolled in are as follows:

Law 12
History 12
English 12
Comparative civilizations 12
English literature 12
Chemistry 12

I was in Math 12 in 1st term, semester 1, but I found it difficult to complete history 12 correspondents in the time frame I had (3 months) and study for those hard math tests. My current grade 12 average is 85% and my grade 11, 74%. My plan for this fall is to attend a university for one year and work part time as an infantry officer at a local reserve regiment. I will apply this September to RMC and for ROTP, hoping I can be accepted for either one. I am interested in St Jean since I don't have my Math 12, and my French 11 mark was quite poor (57%.) These two classes, as far as I know, are critical to be accepted for officer training.   As for sports involvement and local orginisations, i was involved in scouts Canada from the age of 8 to 14. Now this troop wasn't the "handicapped" type troop you see from the cities. We went on 27km day hikes, repelled of 100 foot mountains, canoed rivers and lakes, Portaged, learned advanced survival skills, ect. I have played soccer for 7 years now (on and off) and played hockey for 2 years.I have my referee ticket for divisional soccer (14 -18.) I have had a part time job since grade 9. My first job was at a ski hill as a lift attendant (yes, i was responsible for peoples safety at the age of 15.) Worked at a grocery store for 18 months and was promoted to produce manager (yes, at 15 too.) I quit the grocery store due to school. I then crashed my pickup truck (I regret it to this day) and had it repaired by trading my 1 year old motorbike (2001 Yamaha TTR 250, $6500.) The big bonus to crashing my truck was i got a job at the auto body shop it was repaired at. My boss was impressed by my work ethic and hired me.

So, the main questions i am going to ask you is

a) Did you have math 12 or french 12 when you applied and obviously were accepted?
b) Do you know any other recruit there who has lower educational standards then me?

Thanks for the replies guy..

As for my car, the moving company in Vancouver doesn't take car (they don't have any place to store it) so I was told by the CFRC to find a storage place, keep the receipt and they will refund me in St-Jean...

325$ a month for a storage place to put a car isn't a little expensive??  the LS at the CFRC told me it was ok, just keep the receipt.. 

I guess the CF will send me back here to get my car once I'm posted as it's not stored with the rest of my things...

Thanks again for the replies

Frank

I may have a problem with what to do with my car during BMQ as well. I had a plan but over the holidays things changed and I might have to find a back-up plan. Frank, are you sure the CF will allow you to go back to get it once training is complete?

Also, I'm starting BMQ Feb 20 and going SigOp, so I might see you there.

Cheers

Zombie said:
I may have a problem with what to do with my car during BMQ as well. I had a plan but over the holidays things changed and I might have to find a back-up plan. Frank, are you sure the CF will allow you to go back to get it once training is complete?

Also, I'm starting BMQ Feb 20 and going SigOp, so I might see you there.

Cheers

I would recomend following the advice above and refering to the CFRC with your questions

aesop081 said:
I would recomend following the advice above and refering to the CFRC with your questions

I definitely will, it's something I just realized so I'll get it sorted out on Monday. I'm just hoping I can come back to take it to Kingston when I finally make it there.

Zombie said:
I definitely will, it's something I just realized so I'll get it sorted out on Monday. I'm just hoping I can come back to take it to Kingston when I finally make it there.

See the CFRC, ask the questions but in the end...worry about your upcoming BMQ.  trust me, the universe will unfold as it should  ;D

Frank when my son went to St Jean they told him that all his personal stuff would be shipped to him once he was posted. Once done at St Jean he went to Wainwright then was posted to Shilo, all his stuff was sent to Shilo including his car.

Back