• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wish me luck -

CBH99

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
Hey there, everybody on Army.ca -

As some of you know, and some of you don't - I'm leaving in about 8hrs for the beautiful country of Sudan.  :-\

The City of Calgary has managed to give me 4 months off of my duties to allow me to accompany a local film-maker who will be making a documentary about the humanitarian & looming military crisis in the area.  We're expected to be on the ground for approximately 3 months, however that could change very rapidly depending on the situation on the ground.  As a paramedic for the city of Calgary, as well as a member of the reserve TEMS platoon - as well as a 'distant acquaintence' of a member of the film crew - I'll be going to assist with the production of the documentary, as well as provide the on-site medical support.  (Hopefully none).

We contacted the government of Sudan to request asylum, and be granted status as media.  We informed them of our intentions to produce a documentary on the area, and its current political & humanitarian state - however, were turned down.  When we called the government of Sudan's media relations office, we were informed there was no crisis and that western media has really made a big issue out of nothing.  So, guess we'll see.

We were able to get permission to enter the country, and have secured visas - however, were unable to obtain media status.

Wish us the best of luck, and if everything goes as planned - a documentary should be playing in your local theatres in January of 2009.  As for the title of the film, no title selected yet.

Wish us luck, and I'll try to keep you all updated the best I can!

Good luck!  Have you traveled often before? 
Let me know the name the the film, and I'll be sure to check it out!

Back