• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Women in the German Armour Corps

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
I just saw this video and am wondering when the German Armour Corps began to accept women tankers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvtJFzwUjiQ&feature=related

I just got back from an Ex with the Polish Army and I was surprised to see that they have a fully gender integrated armed forces as well.

jeffb said:
I just got back from an Ex with the Polish Army and I was surprised to see that they have a fully gender integrated armed forces as well.

Infantry as well?

Every trade, every position. Admittedly, there are few females in the infantry but they are more then welcome. The armoured corps incidentally has the largest percentage of females in the Polish combat arms according to a LCol I was talking to. Poland in many ways surprised me with their modernity. I was expecting a backward, undeveloped place but I found exactly the opposite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundeswehr#Women

"Since 2001 they can serve in all functions of service without restriction..."

According to wikipedia.

Cool.  I'd imagine a females size/build is beneficial inside a cramped compartment.

Very badass video too George! 

I'm not an armored guy, and who knows there might be a reason for it.  But at the 1 :46m mark in the video it looks like the leopard fell off the road and took a core sample.

As for Poland, women have been integrated into their armed service since before world war 2.

Robert0288 said:
I'm not an armored guy, and who knows there might be a reason for it.  But at the 1 :46m mark in the video it looks like the leopard fell off the road and took a core sample.

As for Poland, women have been integrated into their armed service since before world war 2.

Every four years, tankers send a pole vaulting team to the Olympics.  This was one of Germany's entrants.

Shamrock said:
Every four years, tankers send a pole vaulting team to the Olympics.  This was one of Germany's entrants.
attachment.php

Back