• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

your credentials are not as competetive as other aplicants HELP

zeffie6945

Inactive
Reaction score
So two years ago I applied to the C.F. and got through the application process no problem was given a list of 5-6 trades I qualified for based off my aptitude results but was having severe migraines at the time and shortly after letting the c.f. know I was told they could not accept my application with due reason. I have now been migraine free for the last year and half and recently 're applied to the c.f. yesterday they emailed me saying that basically I want qualified enough for the trades I chose. I'm just curious if anyone has any insight as to why I made it through the application process the first time and not this time?

Also to mention. I dropped out of highschool in grade 10 and went and got my GED a few years later. The last time applied to the c.f I had included my highschool transcripts with my application and this time I foolishly didn't.

Could that be a reason why I did not qualify for any of the trades? Or could it be the medical issue that is no longer a problem. I can get my doctor to sign documentation stating I have not been on any medication for it in the last year and a half.

Any insight anyone could provide would be great.

I'll call them Monday for sure, it's just eating away at me right now waiting till then.

Thanks so much.

So, you apply and completely neglect to furnish proof that you've even passed high school, and you're surprised when they say you are not qualified for employment in the CF? You are aware that the barest minimum for any trade is completion of Grade 10?

Hate to break it to you, but people with college and university educations are having trouble getting into the infantry.

You have answered your own questions. Upgrade your education, actually give all the documentation that they require, and do other things with your time to show the CF that you are somehow more deserving of a position than the next guy. It is a competitive hiring process like anything else.

I gave them all the papers pertaining to my GED. Scores and certificate. The only difference is this time I forgot to give them my highschool transcripts thinking that the GED documentation would be enough.

Guessing that could be the issue then?

zeffie6945 said:
I gave them all the papers pertaining to my GED. Scores and certificate. The only difference is this time I forgot to give them my highschool transcripts thinking that the GED documentation would be enough.

Guessing that could be the issue then?

No, frankly I suspect the issue may also be that you only have a GED. Unless you've got some fantastic experiences or skills form other aspects of your life, that's not likely to leave you competitive for much if anything. Just about everyone has completed high school these days. Get some college under your belt and you will have something more to bring to the table.

And that personally confuses me because like I said. The first time I applied they gave me a list of things I qualified for after doing the aptitude test all of which they're hiring for this time. Nothing has changed in my education from then till now.

zeffie6945 said:
And that personally confuses me because like I said. The first time I applied they gave me a list of things I qualified for after doing the aptitude test all of which they're hiring for this time. Nothing has changed in my education from then till now.

And since then it has gotten harder to get in. There are more people wanting fewer jobs, and a tougher civilian job market.

Further, being told based on your aptitude test that you qualify for a job on CFAT score does not mean you are competitive for it against other applicants.

I really didn't look at it that way. Thank you for putting that into better perspective. I will still give them a call Monday to see if there is anything at all that can be done but, thank you for your input.

Back