• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sunset of 419 Squadron, for now

That article's premise is wrong.

The RCAF isn't ending pilot training - it is ending lead-in training for the CF-18 (AKA 419 Sqn) because we're transitioning to the F-35. Portage and Moose Jaw are still training pilots.
Good luck on restarting pilot training in the future. Once it goes it will be very hard to get back. Also by the way we cut your travel budget.........

Good luck on restarting pilot training in the future. Once it goes it will be very hard to get back. Also by the way we cut your travel budget.........
They are not stopping pilot training. John Ivison is wrong. The Nation Post is publishing misleading information in a bid to sell papers.

They are not stopping pilot training. John Ivison is wrong. The Nation Post is publishing misleading information in a bid to sell papers.
Again he is not "wrong" if you are a normie. The RCAF to the average Canadian is fighter pilots. You know the "Few" So not training them is not training the RCAF. Only two platforms deliver ordnance in the RCAF (sorry door gunners or not counted here, and plus the normal public thinks that is army anyways) One is the CF-18 the other is CP-140. And future training for the P-8 can be done at Westjet. LOL...joking (well....) So no pilot training for fighter is no pilot training.

Oh and wait for the next big PR outrage......The USAF refuses to training new LT (New Canadian) Bloggins because reasons.....security, etc.

I get the nuance that this is just one step in pilot training, but I also don't see us ever reclaiming this capability in the future.

I get the nuance that this is just one step in pilot training, but I also don't see us ever reclaiming this capability in the future.
Have you attended senior review boards for FAcT, FFLIT, NGFC or any of the other implicated programs and projects?

If not, then what are you basing that conclusion on?

Back to the article, a slight detail buried in the bottom half of the article:

There are caveats to those raw numbers. This year’s Indigenous Services allocation is inflated by at least part of a $23-billion child welfare court settlement. But even next year, the Indigenous Services budget will be twice what it was in 2014/15.

Again he is not "wrong" if you are a normie. The RCAF to the average Canadian is fighter pilots. You know the "Few" So not training them is not training the RCAF. Only two platforms deliver ordnance in the RCAF (sorry door gunners or not counted here, and plus the normal public thinks that is army anyways) One is the CF-18 the other is CP-140. And future training for the P-8 can be done at Westjet. LOL...joking (well....) So no pilot training for fighter is no pilot training.
I wouldn’t say that. If you ask random Canadian it’d likely be “Snowbirds”, then “Hornets” and “Hercs”.

Oh and wait for the next big PR outrage......The USAF refuses to training new LT (New Canadian) Bloggins because reasons.....security, etc.
We’ve had Canadians in ENJJPT at Sheppard AFB, Texas since the start. There aren’t too many Canadians there, but it’s been going on at least 15 years.

I wouldn’t say that. If you ask random Canadian it’d likely be “Snowbirds”, then “Hornets” and “Hercs”.

We’ve had Canadians in ENJJPT at Sheppard AFB, Texas since the start. There aren’t too many Canadians there, but it’s been going on at least 15 years.

In all seriousness, what happens when the US refuses to train a Canadian because of the third nation thing? I remember something about GDLS-C and TACCOM in Detroit and third nation Canadians. But maybe this not a thing and we don't have non Canadian born pilots. Or have not yet.

In all seriousness, what happens when the US refuses to train a Canadian because of the third nation thing? I remember something about GDLS-C and TACCOM in Detroit and third nation Canadians. But maybe this not a thing and we don't have non Canadian born pilots. Or have not yet.
We most definitely have RCAF pilots who weren’t born in Canada.

ENJJPT isn’t just US and Canada though - it’s almost like NATO flying training where there are a bunch of countries training together. ENJJPT involves European NATO countries.

Also, this is lead-in fighter training, not the Operational Training Unit where the student learns about a specific fighter. They’re flying T-38s (basically the same vintage as the CF-5s we had).

We most definitely have RCAF pilots who weren’t born in Canada.

ENJJPT isn’t just US and Canada though - it’s almost like NATO flying training where there are a bunch of countries training together. ENJJPT involves European NATO countries.

Also, this is lead-in fighter training, not the Operational Training Unit where the student learns about a specific fighter. They’re flying T-38s (basically the same vintage as the CF-5s we had).

Urgh how do I put this...I have heard of third state born peoe that work in Canada but that third country is on no go list in the States? As I pointed out about case with a GD worker and Tacom.

Urgh how do I put this...I have heard of third state born peoe that work in Canada but that third country is on no go list in the States? As I pointed out about case with a GD worker and Tacom.
Then it would depend on how classified (or not) the training in ENJJPT goes. I have no idea what they teach.

Then it would depend on how classified (or not) the training in ENJJPT goes. I have no idea what they teach.
It isn’t particularly classified. They have students from all over.

Things get “fun” when it is time to go to Luke AFB for F-35 training and the subject of birth country comes up. Certain birth countries are…problematic from a US point of view.

Have you attended senior review boards for FAcT, FFLIT, NGFC or any of the other implicated programs and projects?

If not, then what are you basing that conclusion on?
Based on us divesting capabilities to the point where there are so many capabilities that need to brought back that we can't do them all, so many get sidelined again and again. I certainly hope I am wrong.

Based on us divesting capabilities to the point where there are so many capabilities that need to brought back that we can't do them all, so many get sidelined again and again. I certainly hope I am wrong.
I’m pretty confident that anything involving “fighter aircraft” will be a pretty high priority for the RCAF.

Or the USAF refuses to train Capt Inclusive because his hair won't fit in the flight helmet

Back